The most Requently Asked Questions about the BatClient
- 1 Appearance
- 1.1 How do I change my character portrait?
- 1.2 How to change the transparency of the main window?
- 1.3 I cant seem to find the bottom of the client. talking about the reconnect button etc.
- 1.4 How do I change the font/font size?
- 1.5 How to change batclient background image to solid color?
- 1.6 How do I exit full screen?
- 1.7 How do I bring a partial/lost window back into view?
- 1.8 I mini sized a window, how to make it big again?
- 1.9 How do I refresh the buff icon panel?
- 2 Communication
- 3 Triggers
- 4 Realm Map / Mapper
- 5 Miscellaneous
- 5.1 Why does the client spazz out if I click F1 or any F buttons with the mouse?
- 5.2 How to keep current line in client so it doesnt disapear after enter?
- 5.3 How to clear the general window buffer?
- 5.4 How do I find the setting menu?
- 5.5 How do log my sessions?
- 5.6 How to turn off skill/spell monitor?
- 5.7 How to change the size of scrollback?
- 5.8 How do I get the latest typed things back, like in other clients when pressing up key?
- 5.9 How to see version of BatClient?
- 6 Installing
How do I change my character portrait?
- Log in to bat.org, click on Change your profile/settings then click on Upload picture. You will need to restart the client to get the new image.
How to change the transparency of the main window?
- Right click on the tab -> Window Transparency -> Alpha on/off
- esc -> settings -> uncheck hide bottom taskbar
- /taskbarShow /taskbarHide also work well
- alt + F4
How do I change the font/font size?
- Right click tab -> font.
How to change batclient background image to solid color?
- settings -> wallpaper -> select color
How do I exit full screen?
How do I bring a partial/lost window back into view?
- settings -> others -> move all frames into view
I mini sized a window, how to make it big again?
- Press esc, choose the window again (should be in the lower part of the menu)
How do I refresh the buff icon panel?
- Right click -> clear.
How do I add the newbie channel to main terminal window as its own tab?
- right click on main window tab -> new tab -> add channel -> newbie
Is there a way to add my tells to the "tells to you" window?
- "set duplex on" within the game
How do you get the client to automatically boot up scripts?
- Put them in the batclient/scripts directory. The exact location will vary by OS and whether your client is Steam or not. On Linux it is in ~/batclient. On Windows it is C:\Users\XXX\batclient\. On Steam/Windows it is SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\BatMUD\rt\lib\ext (but someone please confirm). On Mac it is /HD/Users/YOURNAME/batclient/.
- See Triggers for details.
How to reload all scripts without restarting the client?
- /scriptreload /scriptbootup (might not unload all, causing client to slow down)
Where can I find stuff on doing triggers?
Realm Map / Mapper
How do I get my realm map window back?
- alt + r
- settings -> features -> realm map window
How do I delete maps for an area?
- type whereami, note the area name, go in the map files, delete the file.
To fix this problem, disable the Steam overlay. Under steam settings > In-Game > Uncheck the "Enable the steam overlay while in-game" box.
How to keep current line in client so it doesnt disapear after enter?
- commandline -> select all on enter
How to clear the general window buffer?
- press esc
How do log my sessions?
- right click the tab of the window that you want to log, and its under logging
How to turn off skill/spell monitor?
- Settings -> Features -> Action Monitor -> Enabled
How to change the size of scrollback?
- Right click generic window and click scrollback
How do I get the latest typed things back, like in other clients when pressing up key?
- right click command bar - commandline - full line tabcomplete = tab for previous
How to see version of BatClient?
- right click -> help -> about the client